Sunday 16 December 2012

Mewsletter - 1

Hi, I’m ROWSE and I moved in with Mervyn last year, and have been trying to sort him out ever since … it was a long time since a CAT was in charge … he’s still got a lot to learn!

H.J.Rowse - Engineer


I’ve come all the way from Liverpool. My first folks weren’t nice to me and dumped me in a big hole under the river called the Mersey Tunnel. I was so scared and crouched below the crash barrier while heavy metal rushed past. I thought all my nine lives would be snuffed out. Then a big man called Sam stopped his car (and everything else including the Birkenhead bus ground to a halt). He gently picked me up and put me inside and drove to the toll booth on the Cheshire side and handed me in … they told him cats weren’t accepted for payment, but they got the RSPCA to collect me, and take me to their rescue centre. They fed and cleaned me and got me injected (and had my bits removed). Sam came to see me – he’s what humans call a Good SAMaritan. His Dad, Mervyn, told him that he’d like to give me a home, but first the RSPCA had to check that he would be nice to me. Then Sam took me on a long, long journey – I cat-napped most of the way – and I arrived in Ashwell – to stay. 

I’m really a Scouser (and a mouser with nouse) … I’m now named after Herbert James Rowse (1887-1963), architect for the 1930s Mersey Tunnel in which I was found (that’s typical of Mervyn, but I’ll humour him while I get my food on time). Things have gone downhill since Sheila, Mervyn’s helper retired. I’ve just read Mervyn’s 2012 Newsletter – ‘Masterly’ dressed up in those funny clothes! He says I’m a capricious Office Manager – what cheek! As you can see he’s got me studying a large book about an architect called Lutyens (who never built a tunnel under anything as far as I can see). This is to do with something he calls ‘the Milo Lecture’. 

I’ve seen that Mervyn’s Consort Ann (who’s had a lot more cats than his nibs) has now stated posting messages on the blog of the WCCA, so in all fairness let me have my say.



Yours in desperation, PRRRRR…ROWSE

webmaster's cat's recommendation for Xmas lunch


From the Boss Cat at 11 Silver Street 

1 comment: